PAGE INFORMATIONNAME 재단법인 동천1 DATE17-11-09 17:35 VIEW233TIME
- Legal support to refugee status applicant P for his re-application
- Legal representation of Egyptian M and S who were rejected the request of recognition of refugee status
- Legal representation of Center for Refugee Rights in South Korea for cancellation of denial of designated donation organization status.
- Provide legal support training for refugee to lawyers in Law Firm Public Interest Network
- Participated in discussions with Seoul Administrative Court regarding refugee lawsuits
- Participated in task force for amendment of Refugee Act
- Participated in Korea Refugee Support Network
- Represented in court sexual victims of entertainment visa (E-6)
- Legal representation in court for birth registration of twin migrant babies
- Represented in court a migrant's claim for annulment of forcible return
- Law education for counselors in Korean Support Center for Foreign Workers
- Reviewed the invalidation lawsuit of a Filipino women's marriage
- [Universal Birth Registration Network] Created policy briefs related to birth Registration, made preparations for forum to be held in Nov.
- Participated in the research for amendments for Immigration Control Act, made preparations for forum to be held in Dec.
- [Network for Rights of Migrant Children] Drafted policy draft for birth registration and rights to education for migrants
- [Local ordinance for regulating hate speech] drafted local ordinance on regulating hate speech and racial discrimination
- Participated in a meeting for amendment of law for ensuring rights to housing of migrant workers, made preparations for December debate
- [Global Compact on Migration] Prepared CSO report and national consultation forum
- Participated in the preparation team for the Migrant Human Rights Case Study Group.
3. Social Economy / Innovation
- Participated in research for community asset organizations in Siheung City
- Participated in task force for amendment of laws for promoting social housing
- Participated in evaluation panel for Warm Social Housing Fund
- Planned the 4th issue of Public Interest Law, Study on Social Economy Law
- Participated in research regarding public concept for land ownership
- Gave presentation in ‘Forum for improvement of COOPs in Korea’ held by Seoul COOP Support Center
- Hosted “Housing Welfare Roadmap and Social Economy Forum”
- Researched caselaws regarding restitution of development profit
- Attended the London Innovation Agency workshop as a panelist
- Participated in “International Development and Impact Investing Symposium”
- Attended Pro Bono Roundtable hosted by Seoul Bar Association as a panelist
- Participated in “Social Value Creation Evaluation and Measurement Seminar” hosted by Hankyoreh
- Participated in research for laws for alternative education. Participated in discussions with legislator Sangjung Shim for legal advocacy.
- Preparation of alternative educational conference
5. North Korea / North Korean Settlers
- Represented in court a defendant in violation of North Korean Refugees Protection and Settlement Support Act
- Reviewed proposed amendment of laws and prepared memorandum for the site for alternative school for North Korean Settler teenagers
- Participated in task force for scenario planning for unification
- Participated in mentoring for North Korean Settler college students
- Wrote legal education material for alternative schools for North Korean Settler teenagers
- Participated in sub-committee for North Korean Settlers under Korean Bar Association
- Participated in research for special committee for unification laws under Seoul Bar Association
- Supported the state tort claim regarding labor ability assessment of basic living security
- Participated in the coalition for amendment of National Basic Living Security Act.
- Gave presentation on Animal Law Review at Animal Law Comparative Study Society
- Participated in discussions for tort action for restoration of housing allowances of children living in group homes
- Participated in research group for realization of social rights
- Participated as a review panel for Ignite Volunteer Challenge.
7. Persons with disabilities
- Participated in lawsuit for ensuring right of movement in double decker low floor bus
- Participated in the constitutional amendment meeting for the right of the disabled
- Partcipated in Emergency Meeting to Address Future Cases of Slavery at Salt Farms
- Participated in monthly seminar of Korean Disability Law Association
8. NPO Law
- Gave legal advice on change of registration for the World Federation of the United Nations
- Conducted tax lectures to Korea YWCA Policy Committee.
- Gave legal advice to Nanum Mirae regarding surtax
- Participated in meetings related to an international NGO's establishment of a Seoul office
- Reviewed draft legislation on promotion of civil society
- Researched on the revision of the tax law related to small and medium-sized public interest organizations.
- Participated in amendment of legislations towards promoting charity
- Prepared Donation Culture Conference
- Reviewed amendment of legislations on tax for nonprofits drafted by Ministry of Strategy and Finance
- Reviewed current status and possible amendments for subsidy laws
- Conducted comparative review of legislations supporting nonprofit organizations
- Supported Senior Pro Bono Supporter 50+ Mentoring Program
- Conducted training for 2nd NPO Legal Support Lawyers
- Collected feedback from 1nd NPO Legal Support Lawyers
- prepared and participated for the opening ceremony of Pro Bono Support Center
- Participated in National Civil Society Meetings
- Participated in Ministry of Interior and Safety Task Force for subsidies to NPOs.
- Participated in NPO International Conference
- Operated a Promotion and Legal Consultation Booth at 2017 NPO Partner Fair
- Reviewed the current status on dedicated bank account for NPOs
- Planned and prepared 2nd symposium by Law Firm Public Interest Network (on CSR)
- Participated in and gave presentations at 2017 PILnet Global Forum
- Participated in and gave presentations at 2017 IAKL Conference.
- Gave lecture on Business and Human Rights at Korea University Graduate School of International Studies
- Participated in mentoring to teenagers in juvenile detention center
-Wrote paper for "Access to Justice", on Korean pro bono scene and mandatory pro bono requirements
- Chaired tax caselaw seminars by Minbyeon
- Prepared for presentation at Asian Law & Society Association’s annual conference
- CSR / BHR study with ‘Onyul’