PAGE INFORMATIONNAME 재단법인 동천1 DATE18-02-27 08:35 VIEW225TIME
- Gave legal advice to refuge status applicant M from Egypt.
- Participated in discussion on improving refugee translator system.
- Participated in task force for amendment of Refugee Act.
- Participated in preparations for 2018 Workshop for Korea Refugee Support Network.
- Participated in Korea Refugee Support Network.
- Represented migrant J in court for claiming annulment of forcible return.
- Represented migrant A from Yemen in his claim for annulment of forcible return.
- Participated in formulating state tort claim based upon CERD recommendation.
- [Universal Birth Registration Network] participated in formulating this year’s plans.
- Participated in drafting amendments of the Immigration Control Act, held meetings with legislators' offices regarding the same.
- [Network for Rights of Migrant Children] Drafted policy draft for birth registration and rights to education
for migrants, and provided expert advice to NHRCK.
- Drafted letter of request for granting right of stay of F, supported N’s special application for right of stay.
- [Network for Rights to Housing of Migrant Workers] Participated in discussions for responding to v
isit of Special Rapporteur for adequate housing to Korea. Examined the case of undue deduction of expenses for
board and lodging
- Drafted memorandum for NHRCK on denial of exit of migrant children for reasons of unpaid fines.
- [Migrant Human Rights Case Study Group] Discussed Constitutional Claim for the Immigration Control Act’s
provision of arbitrary detention of migrants.
- Drafted civil society report on migrant aspect for CSO consultation of 3rd National Action Plan of Korea.
- Participated in research group for analysis of environmental factors regarding migrant children
3. Social Economy / Innovation
- Gave legal advice on construction disputes regarding D social enterprise, and on construction permit procedure
for N social enterprise.
- Participated in task force for amendment of laws for promoting social housing
- Participated in evaluation panel for Warm Social Housing Fund
- Planned the 4th issue of Public Interest Law, Study on Social Economy Law and hosted seminar on
‘how to improve laws and policies for social economy’.
- Wrote research paper on how to vitalize social housing.
- Participated in research on ‘Public Concept for Land Ownership’
- Became regular contributor for columns on co-ops in Korea (Seoul Co-op Support Center)
- Participated in comparative research on European law on co-ops(Ministry of Strategy and Finance,
iCOOP Co-operative Institute)
- Appointed as the policy advisor for law and participated in policy advisor conference on improvement of law
and policy for co-ops (Seoul Co-op Support Center)
- Participated in meetings between social housing businesses for HUG
4. Female / Youth
- Participated in research on laws for alternative education.
- Participated in research group for overseas adoption and rights of adoptees.
- Participated in meeting with Solidarity for Alternative Education for new year’s plans
- Entered into MOU with Seongnam City Youth Foundation (legal support regarding labor rights of teenagers)
5. North Korea / North Korean Settlers
- Represented defendant in court for a charge of violating North Korean Refugees Protection and Settlement
- Reviewed the proposed amendment of laws and had meeting regarding the site for alternative school for
North Korean Settler teenagers
- Participated in task force for scenario planning for unification
- Participated in research on IP law disputes in South and North Korea with special committee for unification laws
under Seoul Bar Association
- Supported Roundtable for Unification and North Korean Settlers held by Seoul Bar Association
- Participated in mentoring for North Korean Settler college students
- Created legal education material for alternative schools for North Korean Settler teenagers
- Participated in sub-committee for North Korean Settlers under Korean Bar Association
- Supported the state compensation claim on labor ability assessment of National Basic Living Security beneficiary
- Participated in discussion on tort action for restoring housing allowances of children living in group homes
- Participated in the coalition for amendment of National Basic Living Security Act
- [Research Group for Realization of Social Rights] Participated in research for amendment of
National Basic Living Security Act.
- [Collective Action for Amendment of Basic Living Security Act] Participated in new year kick-off meeting,
participated in campaign for realistic adjustment of cost-of-living allowance.
- Examined the issue of salary limitation for delinquents of National Health Insurance
- Participated in network for improving livestock disposal process
- Participated in Animal Law Comparative Study Society
- Participated in Pro Bono Roundtable for Animal Rights
7. Persons with Disabilities
- Participated in Supreme Court lawsuit for ensuring mobility right for the disabled in double decker low floor bus
- Researched the work status of persons with developmental disabilities, and participated in meetings to hold
forum regarding the same.
- Held internal seminar on disability rights (lecturer: former ambassador to the UN, H.E. Mr. Oh Joon)
- Supported Korean candidate for the CRPD Committee
- Gave presentation on the Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) at the special committee for
disability rights under Seoul Bar Association.
- Participated in Korean Disability Law Association
- Participated in case meeting of Disability Discrimination Act of Solidarity in Korea (DDASK)
- Participated in new year kick-off meeting with Research Institute of the Differently Abled Person’s Rights in Korea
8. NPO Law
- Gave legal Advice to the Korean Animal Welfare Association for amendment of AoI.
- Researched major legal issues for NPOs
- Participated in legislation on promoting civil society
- Researched on the revision of the tax law related to small and medium-sized public interest organizations
- Participated in project for amendment of legislation on supporting non-profit organisations
- Gave presentation on civil society meeting on the government proposal for public interest committee.
- Participated in Ministry of Interior and Safety Task Force meetings for public interest committee.
- Drafted plans for Public Interest Society “We”
- Drafted plans for training program for NPO experts
- Completed matching for 2nd NPO Legal Support Lawyers
- Participated in Seoul Bar Association meeting for pro bono support organizations.
- Gave interview on Dongcheon Legal Support Center for NPOs (Law Times)
- Appointed as the advisor for Volunteering Korea
- Participated in mentoring to teenagers in juvenile detention center
- Wrote paper on ‘Access to Justice’ in Korea
- Chaired tax case law seminars by Minbyeon