PAGE INFORMATIONNAME 재단법인 동천1 DATE18-01-22 17:09 VIEW208TIME
- Gave legal advice to refuge status applicant B from Brundi for his application.
- Legally represented Egyptian M and S whose requests for recognition of refugee status were rejected.
- Participated in discussion on improving refugee translator system.
- Participated in task force for amendment of Refugee Act, and participated in discussions with MOJ regarding the same.
- Participated in Korean civil society discussion with UNHCR High Commissioner.
- Participated in Korea Refugee Support Network .
- Represented migrant J in court for claiming annulment of forcible return
- Participated in formulating state tort claim based upon CERD recommendation
- Gave legal support to immigrant regarding compensation for fraud
- [Universal Birth Registration Network] Distributed policy briefs on UBR and co-hosted conference on implementation of UBR in Korea.
- Participated in drafting amendments of the Immigration Control Act, held meetings with legislators' offices regarding the same.
- [Network for Rights of Migrant Children] Drafted policy draft for birth registration and rights to education for migrants,
participated in civic group meeting with Secretary General from National Human Rights Committee
- Drafted letter of request for granting right of stay of F
- Gave legal support on proposal for Local Ordinance on Regulating Hate Speech and Racial Discrimination
- [Network for Rights to Housing of Migrant Workers] Participated in the Forum held in December and examined the case of undue deduction
of expenses for board and lodging
- [Global Compact on Migration] Drafted CSO report and gave presentation at CSO Forum.
- Participated and gave presentation in the Global Compact Asia-Pacific Regional Reparatory Conference on Migration,
hosted by the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific
- Participated in the preparation team of Migrant Human Rights Case Study Group
3. Social Economy / Innovation
- Participated in Participated in research for community asset organizations in Siheung City
- Participated in task force for amendment of laws for promoting social housing
- Participated in evaluation panel for Warm Social Housing Fund
- Planned the 4th issue of Public Interest Law, Study on Social Economy Law and hosted seminar on Public Interest Law Series -
‘How to Develop Social Economic Law System'
- Participated in research on ‘Public Concept for Land Ownership’
- Gave presentation in ‘Forum for improvement of COOPs in Korea’ held by Seoul COOP Support Center
- Hosted ‘Housing Welfare Roadmap and Social Economy Forum’
- Researched case laws regarding restitution of development profit
- Gave presentation on Social Economy and Human Rights at Korea Human Rights Conference
- Participated in conference on citizen capitalization after the London Innovation Agency workshop
4. Female / Youth
- Participated in research on laws for alternative education and promoted joint cooperation with legislator Sangjung Shim
for legal advocacy of unauthorized alternative school
- Discussed the legislation on alternative education with professor Kita Akito from Waseda university
- Prepared symposium on alternative education
5. North Korea / North Korean Settlers
- Represented defendant in court for a charge of violating North Korean Refugees Protection and Settlement Support Act
- Reviewed the proposed amendment of laws and had meeting regarding the site for alternative school for North Korean Settler teenagers
- Participated in task force for scenario planning for unification
- Participated as panelist for symposium “Future of Unification and Our Judicial System” from Judicial Policy Research Institute
- Participated in research on legal system of Rason Economic and Trade Zone with special committee
for unification laws under Seoul Bar Association
- Participated in mentoring for North Korean Settler college students
- Created legal education material for alternative schools for North Korean Settler teenagers
- Participated in sub-committee for North Korean Settlers under Korean Bar Association
- Conducted human rights law education for Wooreedle School, the alternative school for North Korean Settler teenagers.
- Supported the state compensation claim on labor ability assessment of National Basic Living Security beneficiary
- Participated in the coalition for amendment of National Basic Living Security Act
- Participated in discussion on tort action for restoring housing allowances of children living in group homes
- [Research Group for Realization of Social Rights] Researched how to improve the remedy procedure for social rights
- Examined the issue of salary limitation for delinquents of National Health Insurance
- Gave presentation on Animal Law Review at Animal Law Comparative Study Society
- Participated in network for improving livestock disposal process
- Participated in legal support group for Korean Animal Welfare Association
7. Persons with Disabilities
- Won a lawsuit for ensuring mobility right for the disabled in double decker low floor bus
- Discussed the work status of persons with developmental disabilities
- Prepared an appeal statement on the exploitation of unfair labor for persons with disabilities
- Participated in conference by Communication Right Project of Seoul city
- Participated in publication ceremony of guidebook of utilising human rights education contents and case studies
- Supported election of a Korean candidate for CRPD Committee.
- Participated in Korean Disability Law Association
- Participated in case meeting of Disability Discrimination Act of Solidarity in Korea (DDASK)
- Participated in sub-committee for persons with disabilities by Seoul Bar Association
8. NPO Law
- Gave legal advice to The Right Hands on migrant medical support project
- Supported NANCEN on litigation on denial of recommendation for designated donation recipients
- Gave legal advice to Global Hansangdream on Act on Collection and Use of Donations and tax law
- Gave legal advice to animal rights organisation CARE on issuance of donation receipt
- Gave legal advice to HRW on applicability of Personal Information Protection Act
- Examined violation of the constitution of Credit Card Social Contribution Foundation
- Gave legal advice to 4.16 Foundation on Act on Collection and Use of Donations and tax law
- Gave legal advice to Orion Foundation on disqualifying reasons for board member
- Examined applicability of Act on Collection and Use of Donations on charity concert
- Gave legal advice to Love FNC Foundation on disposition of original property
- Participated in meetings, drafting policy brief, and drafting amendments regarding tax accounts for NPOs
- Participated in legislation on promoting civil society
- Researched on the revision of the tax law related to small and medium-sized public interest organizations
- Participated in amendment of legislations on promoting donation
- Participated in project for amendment of legislation on supporting non-profit organisations
- Participated in National Assembly Seminar on improvement of legal system for promoting public corporation
and gave presentation in conference
- Gave educational training on legal manuals to Korea Free Voluntary Center
- Drafted the review on accounting standard of public interest corporations and participated in related conferences.
- Participated in Ministry of Interior and Safety Task Force for subsidies to NPOs.
- Participated in meeting between legislator’s office and Civil Society Development Network
- Conducted evaluation meeting for Senior Legal Mentor Programme
- Conducted matching for 2nd NOP Legal Support Lawyers
- Collected and summarized feedback from 1st NPO Legal Support Lawyers
- Co-hosted and gave presentation at annual symposium by Law Firm Public Interest Network
on ‘Prospect of CSR and Role of Legal Profession’
- Participated in mentoring to teenagers in juvenile detention center
- Wrote paper on ‘Access to Justice’ in Korea
- Participated and gave presentation at Asian Law & Society Association’s annual conference
- Chaired tax case law seminars by Minbyeon