[현장스케치] 동천 인턴들, 법원을 찾아가다. > 사회공헌활동

본문 바로가기
사이트 내 전체검색

활동

사회공헌활동

동천은 우리 사회 소수자와 소외계층, 그리고 그들을 위해 노력하는 여러 공익단체들을 위해 태평양공익인권상 수상자 선정, 공익단체 지원사업, 공익변호사 양성, 예비법조인 대상 공익인권활동 프로그램 공모전, 장학사업, 법무법인(유한) 태평양 임직원과 함께 하는 봉사활동, 자선음악회 및 인권 옹호를 위한 인식개선 활동 등 다양한 사회공헌 활동을 진행하고 있습니다.

[현장스케치] 동천 인턴들, 법원을 찾아가다.

페이지 정보

작성자 재단법인 동천 작성일13-01-31 00:00 조회2,021회

본문

1월 23일, 
동천의 귀여운 인턴 4명은 어여쁜 김연주 변호사님과 함께 법원을 방문했습니다. 
동천에서 공익법률지원을 맡고 있는 장애영역 관련 사건의 재판이 있는 날이었기 때문입니다. 

사실 로스쿨에서 법을 공부하고, 공익법률지원을 수행하고 있는 동천에서 인턴으로 일하고 있지만
직접 법원을 찾아 재판을 볼 수 있는 기회는 그리 많지 않은 것이 사실이기에,
저는 출발하기 전부터 가슴이 두근두근거렸습니다.

<왼쪽부터 동천 6기 인턴 황서연, 미셸(저요!!), 황서윤, 정희화 입니다!!>

하지만 급한 일들을 마치고 헐레벌떡 달려 법원을 방문했을 때, 
이미 저희가 보려고 했던 재판이 간단한 서류제출만으로 끝난 상태였습니다. (이런... 이런....-_-;;)

아쉬운 마음을 달래기가 힘들었지만 저희는 그 사건과 관련된 장애우권익문제연구소의 담당간사님과 함께 
근처 카페를 찾아 사건과 관련된 더 많은 정보를 듣고, 대화를 나눌 수 있었습니다.
이 자리에는 피고측 변호사님도 함께 해주셔서 이 사건뿐만 아니라 
장애인과 관련된 많은 사건과 사례들을 이야기해주셨습니다. 너무 감사했습니다.  

<왼쪽 첫번째 분이 예쁜 김연주 변호사님이십니다. 누가 인턴이고 누가 변호산지 모르겠죠? -_-;;>

이야기를 마치고 간사님과 피고측 변호사님을 보내드리고 난 후 법원을 떠나려고 했지만
아직 다 채워지지 않은 뭔지 모를 아쉬움에 저희는 법원 투어를 하기로 했습니다.

김연주 변호사님의 안내에 따라 돌아 본 법원은
가는 곳마다 어느 드라마에서 본 장면처럼 낯익은 풍경이었지만, 
TV가 아닌 직접 두 눈으로 법원 이곳저곳을 보는 것은 매우 신선한 경험이었습니다. 

<국민참여재판 사진     출처: 연합뉴스>

게다가 저희는 다른 형사재판을 참관할 수 있게 되었습니다. 
저희가 법정에 들어갔을 때는 증인 한 명이 변호사로부터 신문을 받는 중이었습니다.

변호사의 질문을 들으며 사건에 몰입한 저희 인턴들과 변호사님은
재판참관을 마친 후에도 그 사건에 대해 계속해서 심도있는 대화를 이어갔습니다.

저희들은 이렇게 의미있고 재밌는 시간을 보낸 후 마지막으로 법원 앞에서 기념사진을 촬영한 후
다시 동천 사무실로 돌아왔습니다. 

다행히 비도 오지 않고 날씨가 좋아 완전하진 않지만 
동천 변호사와 인턴들의 미모가 아주 조금은 드러나는 사진을 얻을 수 있었습니다~~~^^
사진을 찍어주신 친절한 법원 경비 아저씨 감사드립니다^^

다음에도 또 이런 좋은 기회가 있으면 정말 좋겠습니다^^
동천의 인턴이라 참 좋습니다.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
한국어보다 영어가 훨씬 더 편한 미셸은 영어로도 적어보았습니다~~~^^
저처럼 영어가 더 편하신 분은 아래 글을 읽어주세요^^

Today, with four beautiful girls, I had the opportunity to go to the Court of Korea located near Kyodae Station. Unfortunately, when we arrived the case that we had planned to sit in on had already ended. We were all very shocked because the trial ended even before the defense attorney had arrived. Somewhat disappointed we were not ready to give up just yet. Luckily, we had a representative from The Disability Rights Advocacy Center of Korea sit and chat with us after the trial. During the meeting, we were all able to be more informed on the trial and what the facts were, as well as, the current status of the case. I realized had we had just gone into the trial, we would not have been as well informed as we were. Additionally, we were fortunate enough to have the defense attorney join in as well. We were able to delve more deeply into the issues and problems that surround the handicapped population in South Korea. I also found out what different educational programs, as well as, various events that were being held in order to raise the voice of those living with disabilities. 

It was quite an eye-opening session. Just the previous weekend I had gone to Lotte World with children with disabilities and my partner had was on a wheelchair. I didn’t realize how difficult it was for them to get around and being positioned so closely and spending an entire day, gave me a perspective of what it means to live with disabilities. Personally, it was a perfect chain of events to breed my interest in this sector. However, I still feel that when trying to help others through law, it takes more than just the knowledge and perspective of the legal system. You need to approach the client’s situation with an open heart and mind to learn and understand what their true needs are and what the best fitting legislation is. In order to get to that perfect combination of legal expertise and awareness of your client, it takes a lot of time and effort to not only inside the office, but outside the office with the clients as well.

Overall, it’s been another exciting and inspiring field trip. And I cannot wait to see where my next adventure may lead me.

If you’ve made it this far, Kudos! It’s been an honor to have taken time away from your billable hours!! 

Sincerely,

Michelle